Monday, May 3, 2010

Huh?

I mostly use this blog for keeping family abreast of how the Gardners are doing, but every once in a while something will excite me enough or bother me enough that I will consider blogging about it. Most of the time I just decide not to and move on, but I've been passing an intersection during a fairly frequent drive that reminds me time and time again why I am not a political person.

First and foremost, I just don't really have an interest in most of the legislation passed, even with the issues that effect me directly. (However, I am the last person to complain about that crap, so at least I am not a hypocrite.) Secondly, I think I most often just take on that attitude that one vote will not make a difference, so I don't bother. Yes, I am a registered voter, and yes, I have actively voted in many elections and whatnot; I just am not very interested and here's why:



Wha? Politics are very confusing to me. I want the public to be safe, so do I vote "yes" or "no"? I know that I could go online and read everyones OPINIONS about the proposition, but in order to develop my own opinion, I feel like I need to go directly to the original source and read the material from beginning to end. However, I know that I probably won't understand half of it, and the other half won't even pertain to me.

So, there I sit at the light, waiting to turn, and I look at these posters. I get really frustrated with society. I want the bad guys to be dressed in black cloaks with dark spots under their eyes. I want the good guys to be clad in white shining armor with slight halos following their perfectly styled head. Otherwise, I know I will mistake that wolf in sheep's clothing and vote for the bad guys just because they misrepresented themselves.

I know some of you (especially some in my family) will be disappointed that I do not make a greater effort in understanding and supporting the right issues, but I just consider that I am trying to create the best world possible within the walls of my home and will let the smarter people out there handle these types of conundrums. Now I'm going to go visit failblog.com to remind myself that I'm more intelligent than at least some of society...

6 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

I've had the same feelings when I've seen these signs next to each other. In the upcoming election, I will be experiencing something for the first time...Chad and I voting opposite on at least one thing. I guess our votes will cancel each other out.

SueAnn said...

I agree, I don't have the time or the energy to educate myself on alot of the issues!! I should but my attitude is pretty much the same as yours.

Boyd Fam said...

How frustrating!! Sorry!! I try to vote, but when it comes down to things like that, its hard to know what to do without reading all the literature, but the literature is too hard to understand! (p.s. Andy was using his phone for a calculator) :) LOVE YOU GUYS!

Anonymous said...

You should obviously vote No. It is on the Blue sign, and Luke Skywalker's lightsaber was probably blue (or green, maybe teal). Anyway, I know Vader's was red, so you definitely don't want to vote Yes.

Emile Gibson said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about politics. It's a huge frustration to Daniel because he's always been so involved in local politics and is very opinionated, but I just have a hard time keeping up with is all. My home and my family are what I try my hardest to keep track of. You're absolutely NOT alone.

DCAja said...

thanks i love this blog! :)
ktaonline