Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Intentions



Okay, it has been a while. It seems like every day I think to myself, "Oh, that is such a cute picture! I can't wait until I can post it on the blog as soon as I get a way to transfer it onto my computer since Anna's juice dripped into the usb port of my phone!" Yes, I think that exact thing every day. Anyway, finally I stole Jared's high-functioning phone and swapped memory cards. I know. I'm a genious... Here's the update:

Emily just had her 6 month check up today. She is very healthy, 50% for both height and head size and 80% for her weight. She's a chunk, it's so cute. She totally looks like a used car salesman in this picture. Ha ha!



She just started eating rice cereal and veggies this week. She is doing so great, and by day 2, she had stopped with the tongue thrusting. Now she uses her hand to help shove everything in. Very messy to say the least, but its good for her to get that coordination down. :) Speaking of putting things in her mouth, she is officially a thumb-sucker. It is interesting that Anna seems to be VERY much a Gardner, right down to sticking her tongue out as she works hard on something. And Emily seems to be as Birch (or Irish) as they come. I sucked my thumb for quite a while, and Emily had that down pretty early. I watched as she fell asleep the other day after her bath and captured a few cute moments.



Emily is sitting up by herself now. I feel comfortable setting her upright on the floor with some toys and walking away. I'll go switch the laundry downstairs or something, come back up and she's still sitting and playing with her toys. Its a fun stage. She's also really grasping and examining her toys. She's super fast, too. I will dangle a toy in front of her and its like a reflex as she hurries to grab it!


She absolutely adores tummy time. She scoots around in all directions by one method or another, but no crawling yet. It also looks like her eyes will be staying blue. Anna's eyes started having some green in them by this age. Not that you can see color in this crappy quality picture, but it totally represents their relationship. These girls love each other so much. P.S. If anyone has a fantastic camera they are looking to get rid of, um, just send it on over. I am tired of fuzzy colorless pics! :)


Anna is more active now than ever - it's crazy how strong and curious she is! She now helps me make meals, change Emily's diaper, clean house and do yard work. This is how I found her one evening after she helped me do dishes. Luckily the sink was scrubbed clean already!



She LOVES playing outside and requests frequently to go to the park, especially with her new best friend!



Anna's Mommy has made a really awesome new friend and her daughter is just a few months younger than Anna. They love each other and request play dates frequently. Anna loves swimming in the new kiddie pool we got her and especially loves squishing into her boat with her new girlfriend. :)



They are so cute together.



The only other thing that comes to mind about the girls is Anna's new monologue skill. When I was teaching her to say 'please', I would encourage it, and then quickly reply with, "Sure!" when she asked. Now, she will say, "Movie? Please...SURE!" Of course, it is in Anna language, which I think only I understand, but it cracks me up because she does it for just about everything now. At least she has pretty good manners, saying please, thank you, your welcome, covering her mouth when she coughs, and covering her bum when she toots. I love motherhood... ;)

6 comments:

SueAnn said...

Love it!! The pictures are so cute!!! Thanks for posting, sorry for the bossiness!! :)

Lindsey Vance Parry said...

Your girls are so adorable, I love when they talk for themselves and you it's so cute and goes by way to fast!

Nathan said...

From whom did she learn to cover her bum when she toots...McKenna?

Becca said...

I love the salesman photo - 6 months already- wow! Anna is too cute with her little buddy and I love the cover your bum idea.

Harris Family said...

AW. Sweet girls.

DCAja said...

love this blog very much!
br,
https://www.cekaja.com/kredit-tanpa-agunan