Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Favorite Things

One of my children (and I won't mention which one...) decided that the "shift" key on my laptop wasn't necessary and proceeded to remove it. I can't believe it takes several weeks to fix one key, but it seems my computer will be away for a while. Anyway, in the mean time, I didn't want to download any of my new pictures to our dinosaur desktop. Thus, this post is pictureless. :(
However, I've been thinking lately about all of those little things that make me smile each day and decided to share them!

Here are a few of my favorite things:

*Waking up just because the sun began to light up the room, not because anyone screamed or cried or started shaking their crib really hard or snored extra loud.

*Having a very clean and organized house with all the dishes put away and the floor vacuumed.

*Watching both girls watch their daddy. Especially when Emily quits feeding and tries to talk to him with her mouth full.

*Not that it has happened in a while, but snuggling up in a warm blanket with an awesome book, a glass of cold milk and a few cookies on a rainy day.

*A perfectly made bed with crisp clean sheets.

*Going to the park with my girls, packing a lunch and having a picnic.

*When Anna tries to sing. She's really bad and its so cute.

*That moment you get home from church, change into your grubby sweats and know you have all the rest of the day to spend with your family at home.

*Spontaneously dancing with my girls and occasionally my favorite man!

*Eating fresh fruits and vegetables.

*When Anna trips over something or drops something and says "Whoot!" for "Whoops!".

*Getting that perfect idea for my book and writing it even better.

*Having a newborn fall asleep on my chest and a toddler rest her head on my shoulder when she's tired.

*Seeing both my girls increase in ability and awareness.

*Finding those old beloved jeans actually fit again!

*Catching hubby in an act of secret good-doings!

*Having Anna scream, "Mama!" with a huge smile on her face if she hasn't seen me for a few minutes.

*Having a safe home, a healthy family, a wonderful knowledge of the gospel, financial security, an education, and so many other things that it's too much to list!

I hope you all have favorite things that bring joy to your life each day! Let me know what they are!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Great post!!!
(Sorry about your computer!)

I love this time of year--the weather--it's perfect for a picnic at the park--one of my favorite things too!
We'll be out that way in a month--maybe we could meet up for a park day?

SueAnn said...

It is so nice sometimes to sit down and realize how important it is to remember all the little things that can bring SO much joy! I would have to agree with many of your favorite things as being some of MY favorite things too.

Chad~Nicole said...

One of my favorite things is to hear my boys playing/laughing together. I love their little boy conversations. I have to soak those moments up because in about 10 minutes somebody will probably be crying and/or hurt.

Another favorite of mine...good food that I don't have to cook. I'm looking forward to your lasagna.