Friday, November 13, 2009

Little Angel

For anyone that knows me pretty well, the title of this post may come as a surprise. Not because Anna isn't a cute little angel or anything like that, but mainly because I'm not one for sissy pet names. However, I just wanted to share that I really did have a little angel on my hands today as I "caught" Anna saying prayer several times. I would walk into her room, and she'd have her chubby little arms folded as best they could be, her head sort of bowed, and she'd be whispering incoherent words for a second before abruptly stopping and clapping for herself! I'll have to admit that I clapped for her when we first learned prayers because she did so good, but now she claps after every one... it's cute enough that I'm not going to curb it. I wish I could get into her head to know what she is thinking, or what she is saying.
Also, as if to further solidify my opinion of my little angel, while writing this post, she came up to me wanting me to read her "I am a Child of God" book. She has all of her books fully accessible, and that is the one she picks, bringing it to me, pointing at the cover art and saying, "Shesus, Shesus."
She must be having a spiritual day...
Here is a recent picture that just makes me smile; I love my little girl. :)

5 comments:

Tim said...

What a cutie. It is adorable when the little ones say prayers.
Also - and I think Aaron can back me up on this - you have always been prone to making up sissy names.

Lindsey Vance Parry said...

That is so sweet, she is such a cute little girl!!

SueAnn said...

That is so cute! She is an angel!

Becca said...

I love how little children seem to already know their savior - it is so precious. And she certainly looks like an angel in that adorable picture - but then again I do the sissy name thing. My girlies are Mel Belle and Val Gal plus so many more. We even have pet names in other languages - yikes!

Jill said...

She looks like a little angel!!! She is so cute!!! And growing up so fast! Isn't it fun to see how much they learn from example! Too sweet!!!