Saturday, October 4, 2008

Camping

The family went camping last weekend at Workman's Creek, just above Roosevelt Lake. It was really beautiful and the weather was perfect. It got a little cold the first night (into the 40's), but I couldn't believe how well Anna slept. The day was a little different; Jared wasn't able to go (clinicals and working), so I had my hands full most of the time. Anna didn't seem to feel the need to nap with so much excitement going on, so the day was a little rough. I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted, but here are a few fun ones! Christine playing the perfect Aunt!
Mom playing the perfect chef!
Evelyn and Anna just playing!
The next pictures were taken before we left; Anna went shopping and bought some totally awesome new boots for the camping trip. I loved them, and they were a great price, so I didn't make her take them back... Plus, she just was so happy in them (especially in her ridiculous outfit...). I took them with my phone so the quality isn't as good. Sorry. I also think I was laughing too hard to get a steady picture for the last one. I love that we can do ridiculous things to our children and they have no idea.

11 comments:

Amberlee said...

Wow- you are much braver than I am to go camping without a husband! I'm glad that your baby slept so well through the night. That's pretty unusual when they are not home in their beds!

EmileeandJonny said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so jealous- camping sounds like so much fun right now! and the boots- definately hot!

SueAnn said...

I love the picture of Anna with the big smile...so cute!! I wish we could go camping one last time, but it is much to cold already!!

Birches said...

Too cute! We would have loved to have gone on the camping trip.

Chad~Nicole said...

I love the Workman Creek area, and I love Anna's boots.

Jenny said...

Man those boots are cute, but the key to the whole outfit really was the socks. You're such a good mom to let your daughter wear what she wants.

Natalie said...

Camping is so fun with family. Looks like you had a great time.

Becca said...

How fun - I love camping and the little ones always love it! Who is Evelyn?

Lindsey Vance Parry said...

oh my gosh I haven't been on in so long, but I was looking through all your pics and your little girl is so cute, that swimsuit is adorable. I can't believe shes already so big, but I guess all babies look big to me my boys are so little, but they are growing fast!

Michelle and Aaron said...

Her smile is so cute in that picture on the couch! I love her little boots/socks combo! I think I recognize that style from somewhere...

LauraB said...

What great pictures - the cousins look cute together!