Sunday, September 19, 2010

Better Late Than Never

I'm sorry it has been a while - things have just been hectic, and I feel like my brain has melted a little this summer. This first picture sums a lot of it up for me. :)

We spent a weekend in the big CA in August to see Grandma and Grandpa. I took a bunch of pictures and got so many cute ones, but we are having memory card issues and connection issues and all other issues that might cause me to drag my feet in doing a post. (Thank you for the terrific motivator...made me smile.)

However, this is all I've got for now. After spending five hours in a car, Emily got her payback:



Santa Monica Beach; Anna had a ton of fun running along the water's edge with me and picking up slimy seaweed. This was her first visit to the ocean.



Emily is all over the place now, constantly cruising along furniture, frequently letting go and standing on her own for seconds at a time. She has perfected getting off the couch by rolling onto her belly and scooting off. She has been clapping her hands and saying her version of "Yay!" for a while now, and crawls like the floor is on fire. Anna is using describing words along with her nouns like: "Big black wheels on big blue truck." She is progressing rapidly and I enjoy conversing with her.

Anyway, all is well, despite being a little crazy. I will try to get some more pictures soon!

3 comments:

Lizzy Meppen said...

Those girls are so dang cute!

Emile Gibson said...

How fun! You know, we should plan a trip to come down and see all of you in Arizona. It's been too long, and your visit was just too short.

Chad~Nicole said...

Glad you're back from the blogging dead.