Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Little SISTER!!

After our ultrasound on Monday, it was determined that baby #2 is going to be a GIRL! Jared just loves it; he grew up with girls and just adores Anna, so he's definitely stoked. I am thrilled as well, a little wary of the idea that I so far am only raising girls, but I think I've done okay for my first year with my first one. The baby appeared extremely healthy and strong, which I could already attest to with the kicks she's dishing out! Jared has already felt her kicks which is always a neat thing for Daddies. As a big sister, Anna is already a favorite, for every time I hold her, the baby kicks against any part that is touching "her side". I can't wait, it's going to be one intense ride having two girls in the house that close in age.

As far as my pregnancy goes, everything is still really great, just pretty exhausting. I can't believe how frequently I just want to crash in my pillow and not move for hours. Kudos for women who have many children. I'm pooped. The doc did bump up my due date about a week, so now we have a Christmas baby instead of a New Year's. It didn't surprise me since Anna grew so fast as well. She is going to be a great big sister. Here is a sweet pic of her and Dada a few days after returning from Colorado. Her poor mosquito bites - at least they are healing fast; she looks much better now!!

8 comments:

Kat M said...

congrats! Girls are so fun. They will be great friends :)
I hope everything keeps going well.

Chad~Nicole said...

It's exciting either way...but I like having two-of-a-kind in a row. :)

Jenny said...

Poor Anna looks like she has the chicken pox, but at least she's smiling.
Nate says that if I can get you to name this next girl Marmaduchess, he'll be content and won't feel the need to name our future son Marmaduke. So what do you say? Marmaduchess Gardner has a nice ring to it.

Tim said...

Wahoo for two girls in a row! Melanie is excited for the arrival of "Little Sister" (we are down to days now...).

Boyd Fam said...

So excited for you guys!! Our family is going to be full of girls... my poor boys! lol!! Love you guys!

Birches said...

Hooray! And they will always be able to share clothes.

SueAnn said...

You can't tell they are father and daughter can you??? :) Congrats on another sweet girl!!

Michelle and Aaron said...

Congratulations! Isn't it weird that you and I ended up with two girls in a row? As our first kids? I was (and am) quite nervous about raising girls. After all, I wasn't much of one was I? Some days I just need a little more masculinity in my house. Beckham is a rowdy breath of fresh air.