Thursday, March 12, 2009

Not For the Faint of Heart

I just want to give kudos to our amazing daughter who just made an attempt at eating a wasp, and was unsuccessful. We've had a couple of wasps hanging out around our balcony lately, and I kill them as soon as I see them, but apparently, one ducked into our house without me noticing. Anyway, at some point this morning it became "mostly dead" and was laying on our floor - ready for Anna's investigation. I guess it's reflexes kicked in when a chubby hand picked it up and put it in an open mouth. Lo and behold - unhappy wasp - unhappy baby. She only screamed for a second or two while we were trying to figure out where it had gotten her (the culprit was in plain sight at that point...). The swelling showed up a minute or two later.
Anyway, she is doing fine, and the picture actually depicts a very grumpy girl, but she's actually all smiles this morning as usual! KUDOS big girl!!

9 comments:

Harris Family said...

ouch!!

Kat M said...

eek..no fun!! What a brave girl though.

Boyd Fam said...

Poor baby! I'm glad that she is doing better. I can't wait to see you guys next week!! YAY!!

Natalie said...

Poor baby girl.

EmileeandJonny said...

oh my goodness!!! how sad! and scary!!!

Lindsey Vance Parry said...

Awe poor little girl, but she is so cute, aren't they so tuff when they're little!

The Hot Heifers said...

aww...poor girl.

Jessica said...

So I was jumgping blogs, and I noticed yours! How are you? Your little girl is real cute! I have tons of wasps in my house too, and it drives me crazy...my kids call the "yucky!" So where are you now, and how are you guys doing? I hope all is well with you!

Becca said...

Yikes! Babies and Wasp aren't a good combo. However we still have the "I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee" song.